High-profile persons’ security is one of their primary concerns; exploiting the protection of VIPs for individual benefit has become the norm today. This security flaw might take the form of a virtual or physical attack.
Nowadays, executive security is necessary. Why? Unfortunately, high-net-worth persons, VIPs, executives, athletes, and celebrities may be subject to disruptions and cyber-attacks. These executives are vulnerable to a variety of cyber threats. As a result, the frequency of these incidents is rising daily.
Social networking impersonation, business email hacking, account takeovers, and even sim swapping are all concerns to VIPs’ digital security. Hackers take advantage of celebrity and executive reputations and power to deceive random strangers into providing crucial details and carrying out activities.
As they have top-level accessibility to a corporation, executives are frequently appealing targets for cyber attacks. Consequently, according to Aon’s 2020 Cyber Security Risk Report, C, D, and E-level personnel are more vulnerable than A and B-level workers.
Digital security weaknesses jeopardize VIP protection and Executive plans. As a result, they’ll need a virtual bodyguard to protect them from these threats.
This blog will discuss VIPs’ threats and how VIP security services may benefit.
Why Are VIPs Such Attractive Targets for Cyber Attackers?
Because of inadequate knowledge of cyberattacks, cyber security training, bring-your-own-device (BYOD) policies, and frequent travel, VIPs are generally good targets for cybercriminals.
Here are some statistics to back up my statement:
- Hackers attempting to profit from business or staff data, proprietary information, or ransomware account for nearly 71% of C-suite cyber intrusions.
- According to Verizon’s 2019 Data Breach Investigations Report, C-suite executives are 12 times more prone to digital attacks than the rest of the workforce.
- Interestingly, C-suite professionals are a higher cyber security threat in 40% of companies.
What Are the Consequences of Security Breach, and Why Its Awareness Is Essential for VIP Executives?
On average, a security breach damages $7.35 million. It necessitates the adoption of cybersecurity for both large and small firms. These security breaches have gotten worse after the massive hacker attacks.
Following are some of the most frequent challenges to VIP security:
Before launching a spear-phishing attempt, attackers conduct an extensive investigation. They begin by searching the internet for easily accessible material on the issue. Then they go on to more complex means of acquiring personal data on VIPs and HNIs.
Although a spear-phishing attempt can take various types, it usually includes a malicious hacker or cybercriminal impersonating a corporation, a colleague, or a friend of the targeted target to dupe the victim into giving critical corporate data, client information, or other personal details. Attackers are on the lookout for anyone who will unwittingly grant remote access to their computers or click on viruses. Modifications of this typical VIP scam arise daily.
In this type of fraud, a hacker poses as a high-ranking VIP or executive. The malicious actor then uses this “identity” to start a hunting activity—another executive duped into disclosing details by the attacker (customer information and private information). Transferring payment to the criminal group or criminal is also part of this operation. According to the FBI, such cyberattacks cost at least $200 million each year.
It is the most frequent kind of social engineering, in which attackers pose as VIPs and convince their providers to deactivate their SIM cards. After gaining access to your smartphone, the attacker goes after your financial apps. He also has access to the victim’s company’s classified data occasionally.
Mobile Phone Attacks:
Cyberattacks on smartphones and portable devices are on the rise. VIPs often travel within the United States and abroad to grow corporate operations, meet with board members, and engage in other tasks. When C-suites travel, attackers frequently follow them. Malicious actors use social engineering, physical device hacks, Wi-Fi disruption, and different cell phone disruption strategies.
What Are Some Standard Security Services That Can Help Protect VIPs From Risks?
- The most effective method is investing in a cyber security solution that guards against spear-phishing attempts—business Email Compromise (BEC) attacks and malware files. Anomalies can be detected by Machine Learning techniques, which can offer an early indication of a potential threat.
- VIPs and executives should use two-factor authentication (2FA) for all profiles.
- Providing personnel with training on reporting digital risks might also be beneficial.
- Investing in cyber security training and keeping up with the latest developments can help in the long run.
- Companies might consider mandating dual permission for money transfers to avoid accidentally disseminating financial resources to malicious hackers. This metric can assist businesses in risk management. It is also wise for companies to check bank transaction directions through multiple channels.
- Ensure your organization adopts complete mobile security mechanisms, allowing for rapid email access, safeguards devices against information leaks applications, and gives security statistics to lessen the likelihood of executives neglecting threat protection technology.
- In places where telecom providers are possibly hostile to their objectives or the objectives of their nations as a whole, VIPs or C-Suites should consider using hardened devices in addition to security precautions.
- EFANI, the globe’s No. 1 secure mobile solutions provider, takes the lead and safeguards HNIs, executives, and celebrities with their Black Seal Plan, which is developed explicitly for VIP security. It merges VIP concierge-level assistance and support with enterprise-grade cybersecurity technology. By providing privacy and protection around the clock, seven days a week. Cybercriminals take advantage of the discrepancy between overall adoption rates and the financial motivation behind individual data breaches. Its mobile cybersecurity service is the first to offer complete security against common mobile network cybersecurity threats for any cell phone. It uses many layers of security and privacy to encrypt your voice, SMS, and text messages and a cloud-based platform to identify, defend, and warn the user in real-time if an intrusion attempt is made.
- For more visit the article on this website.