Having a good preparation is a first step towards scoring high marks on the board exams. Students usually start out by understanding the subject and the topics covered under it, as per the current syllabus. However, the material they study while preparing for the exams is just as important.
Previously, we’ve established that students who prepare most efficiently for the board exams have better odds of acing them. Therefore, students of all boards, from CBSE to ICSE and all State boards, look at a wide range of resources, starting from the syllabus to previous year papers and a wide range of textbooks, such as GSEB textbooks for the Gujarat Board of Education. This article lists a few of the best resources for preparing for exams.
Best Study Materials to Prepare for Exams
The following are a few top study materials used by students to prepare proficiently for board exams:
- Consult the syllabus: Students can refer to the syllabus to get an idea of the topics and concepts covered in class for the current academic year. As a result, they will be able to plan their studies and exam preparations accordingly.
- Study the textbooks thoroughly: After mastering the syllabus, students can study the textbooks thoroughly to master the subject and to review the key points for the exams. In this way, they can be more effective in preparing for exams.
- Mock tests can be extremely useful: Students should take part in mock tests or conduct mock tests to check their preparation and knowledge before exams. Managing their time in this way enables them to be more efficient.
- Taking notes is another important hack: Students should make notes on important concepts and topics to refer to before exams. Recalling the highlights for an examination can be done with this.
- The Sample Papers are very useful: This is the best way for students to become familiar with a wide range of questions of various levels of difficulty, and this helps them to face the exams more confidently.
- Practice the questions on previous year’s papers: Practising the questions from previous year’s papers will familiarize the students with the expected types of questions and the way the question paper is designed.
- Additional Resource if applicable: Students may read up separately from textbooks in order to gain a deeper understanding of the subject. One of the best possible solutions is to look up extra resources that are relevant.
These are highly effective strategies for preparing students for the board exams. In Tamil Nadu, students can check the answers in Samacheer Kalvi Books as one way to make sure the answers are correct. Identifying their mistakes early will enable them to correct them and avoid repeating them in the test.
It is also recommended that students follow effective study tips and learn time management skills in order to score well in exams. In the case of relevant boards, they also have access to a variety of additional resources, such as NCERT solutions or CBSE notes. The best way to perform well in board exams is to follow these tips and use the resources.